- Dates: Mondays, from 3 September to 10 December 2018
- Place: S: t Thomas katolska församling, Stora Tomegatan 15, 223 51 Lund
Aim and target groups:
Our aim is to offer Swedish training to asylum-seekers and refugees specially to those who are still waiting for a place to start the course “Svenska för invandrare” (sfi). We would like to specially train women and men who have low education, and/or are on maternal or parental leave. We also help refugees who have been our previous participants to improve their speaking and reading skills even if they are enrolled in a formal Swedish course (“sfi” or other). Our current participants live in Lund, Dalby, Lomma, Eslöv, Kävlinge, etc.
How to join our training:
If you have been granted residence permit and live in an accommodation other than Migration Board’s facilities, please fill in the form “Hösten 2018-registrering svenskundervisning”.
The first time you join us you must do a diagnostic test that will help us to find which level suits you better. Please specify this to volunteers when you arrive because we have many participants and we would like to assist you in an efficient way.
How we organize our training:
Our Swedish training is organized in four levels: A0, A1, A2 and B1. We try to follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and we adapt our training offer according to the real needs of our participants.
Date & time: Mondays, from 17.00 to 19.30
- Level A0: for new arrivals who cannot speak any Swedish or English. We focus on building your vocabulary and earlier speaking/listening skills in Swedish. We use the book “Språkvägen för sfi kurs A”. Place: room in the basement. Leader: Ahmad Hussein.
- Level A1: for beginners who can communicate a little in Swedish and/or English. We focus on building your vocabulary, speaking, listening and writing skills in Swedish. We use the book “Språkvägen för sfi kurs B” as main source. Place: “församlingssal”. Leaders: Anusche Noring & Lara Sanna.
Date & time: Mondays, from 18.00 to 19.45
- Level A2: for asylum-seekers and refugees who can basic Swedish. We focus on improving your grammar, writing, speaking and listening skills in Swedish. The main teaching sources are: the books “Språkvägen för sfi kurs B” (second half of the book), and the book “Språkvägen för sfi kurs C” (first half of the book). Place: room in the basement. Leaders: Christina Hallonsten & Else-Britt Löfdahl.
- Level B1: for our previous participants who are doing other courses such as “sfi” course D or other. You will work in small groups with Swedish speaking volunteers and focus on reading comprehension exercises to expand your vocabulary and speaking skills. Volunteers use the following book: “Text i focus 1” to focus on a specific topic every lesson. Place: församlingssal. Leader: Hendrika Van den Born.
Rules for borrowing books during the lessons:
Flyktingar Lund can borrow a book to you only during the lessons. We kindly ask you not to write in the books. The books should be returned at the end of each lesson. We take new participants every term. So, we need to keep the books in good condition to help as many asylum-seekers and refugees as possible. We also ask you to bring a notebook to take notes as we are trying to minimize photocopying.
If you have any questions please send an e-mail or SMS to:
Ivette Arroyo, project leader,