- Dates: Mondays, from 14 October to 19 December 2019
- Dates & time: Mondays and Thursdays, from 17.30 to 19.45.
- Place: S: t Thomas Samarit kunskapscentrum, Sölvegatan 29d, 22362 Lund.
- Public transport: Bus nr 6, 20, 103, 170, 171 bus stop LTH. Bus nr 159, 160, bus stop Lund vattentornet.
Aim and target groups:
Our aim is to offer Swedish training to refugees especially to those who are still waiting for a place to start the course “Svenska för invandrare” (sfi). We would like to specially train women and men who have not completed high school education at their countries of origin or are currently on maternal or parental leave. We also help refugees who have been our previous participants to improve their speaking and reading skills even if they are enrolled in a formal Swedish course (“sfi” or other). Our current participants live in Lund, Dalby, Lomma, Eslöv, Kävlinge, etc.
How to join our training:
If you have been granted residence permit and live in an accommodation other than Migration Board’s facilities, please fill in the form “Hösten 2019-svenskundervisning”.
How we organize our training:
The first time you join us you have to do a diagnostic test that will help us to find which level suits you better. Our Swedish training is organized in four levels: A0, A1, A2 and B1. We try to follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and we adapt our training offer according to the real needs of our participants.
- Level A0: for new arrivals who cannot speak any Swedish or English. We focus on building your vocabulary and earlier speaking/listening skills in Swedish. We use the book “Språkvägen för sfi kurs A”.
- Level A1: for beginners who can communicate a little in Swedish and/or English. We focus on building your vocabulary, speaking, listening and writing skills in Swedish. We use the book “Språkvägen för sfi kurs B” as main source.
- Level A2: for asylum-seekers and refugees who can basic Swedish. We focus on improving your grammar, writing, speaking and listening skills in Swedish. The main teaching sources are: the books “Språkvägen för sfi kurs B” (second half of the book), and the book “Språkvägen för sfi kurs C” (first half of the book).
- Level B1: for our previous participants who are doing other courses such as “sfi” course D or other. You will work in small groups with Swedish speaking volunteers and focus on reading comprehension exercises to expand your vocabulary and speaking skills. Volunteers use the following book: “Text i focus 1” to focus on a specific topic every lesson.
Rules for borrowing books during the lessons:
Flyktingar Lund can borrow a book to you only during the lessons. We kindly ask you not to write in the books. The books should be returned at the end of each lesson. We take new participants every term. So, we need to keep the books in good condition to help as many asylum-seekers and refugees as possible. We also ask you to bring a notebook to take notes as we are trying to minimize photocopying.
If you have any questions please send an e-mail or SMS to:
Ivette Arroyo, project leader,
S:t Thomas Samarit-Flyktingar Lund