Online activities for refugees in times of coronavirus
Flyktingar Lund acts as a platform for integration of newcomers in the Swedish society. Our online activities address different aspects that are important for your integration process such as improving your language skills, getting advice regarding the Swedish job market or about different study paths. We also help you to enhance your network of contacts in Lund and surroundings. Our target group are refugees who have been granted a residence permit and have recently moved to Lund. We also focus on newcomers who are still waiting for starting studying Swedish in the municipal education for adults (“Vuxenutbildning”).
Activities under spring 2020
Flyktingar Lund offers the following online activities for refugees from the 13th April to the 25th of June 2020.
- Swedish training
- Tips & updates regarding coronavirus
- Vocabulary and reading skills for Arabic speakers
- Online guidance for newcomers
- English teaching
- Help with homework (maths, physics, chemistry)
- Tips about jobs in Sweden
Register through completing the Google form “Aktiviteter online för flyktingar under corona-tider” that is available in the following link: https://forms.gle/z7irqJgMBLW5gWtq9
After you have registered with us, we will send the password for the different Zoom meetings to your e-mail. If you have problems in joining a Zoom meeting, write to firstname.lastname@example.org (Swedish, English, Spanish). If you cannot enter a Zoom meeting and you would like to write in Arabic, please send a SMS to Ahmad, mobile phone 073-592 5778
Schedule for online activities – from 13th April to 25th June 2020
For joining any of our online activities you only need your mobile phone and follow these steps: 1) download the App ZOOM Cloud Meetings, 2) select Join meeting, 3) write the Link or the Meeting ID of the activity that you want to join. Be aware that some meetings will require a password.
- Swedish training level B1 (Svenska grundläggande nivå): Mondays 18.00 – 20.00 │Hendrika van den born │Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/187963993 │or write the Meeting ID: 187-963-993
- Tips & updates regarding coronavirus (Arabic, English): Tuesdays 11.30 – 12.30 │ Passent El Soury
- Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/967198219 │Meeting ID: 967 198 219
- Vocabulary and reading skills for Arabic speakers (Ordförråd och läsförmåga för arabiskatalande): Tuesdays 15.30-17.00 │Farah Al Maghrabi │Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/338042802 │Meeting ID: 338 042 802
- Online guidance for newcomers (Vägledning online för nyanlända): Tuesdays 17.00 – 19.30 Ivette Arroyo │https://us04web.zoom.us/j/424307125 │ Meeting ID: 424 307 125
- Swedish training beginners A1 (Svenska A1–nybörjare): Tuesdays 17.00 – 19.00 │Felicia Gustafson
- Swedish training level A2 (Svenska A2): Tuesdays 18.30 – 20.00 (volunteers)
- English teaching: Wednesdays 18.30 – 20.00 │English 4 │Carlo Nicoli and volunteers https://us04web.zoom.us/j/809350692 │Meeting ID: 809 350 692
- Help with homework (Läxhjälp matte, fysik, kemi): Ons 18.30 – 20.00 (volunteers)
- Tips about job in Sweden (Jobbtips i Sverige): Thursdays 17.30 – 19.00 │Ivette Arroyo https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82988537909 │ Meeting ID: 829 8853 7909
- Swedish training beginners A1 (Svenska A1–nybörjare): Tors 17.30 – 19.30 (volunteers)
- Swedish training beginners A1 (Svenska A1–nybörjare): Saturdays 15.30 – 17.00 (volunteers) https://us04web.zoom.us/j/625000324 │Meeting ID: 625 000 324
- English writing workshop: Saturdays 15.30 – 17.00│preparation for English 5 │Carlo Nicoli and volunteers
Swedish training – Aim and target groups
Our aim is to offer Swedish training to refugees who are still waiting for a place to start the course “Svenska för invandrare” (sfi) at Komvux. We develop the language skills of refugees who have not completed high school education in their countries of origin or are currently on maternal or parental leave. We also assist refugees who have been our previous participants to improve their language skills even if they are enrolled in a formal Swedish course (“sfi” or other).
How we organize our online Swedish training:
When you register using the Google form “Aktiviteter online för flyktingar under corona-tider” (https://forms.gle/qSYQqoRXanuDEUdd7) you need to specify your level of Swedish. Our Swedish training is organized in four levels: A0, A1, A2 and B1. We try to follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and we adapt our training offer according to the real needs of our participants. When we carry out online training, we use teaching material from SEAGULL (http://www.seagull-tandem.eu/material/).
- Level A0: for asylum-seekers and refugees who are Arabic speakers and cannot speak any Swedish or English. We focus on building your vocabulary and earlier speaking/listening skills in Swedish.
- Level A1: for asylum-seekers and refugees beginners who can communicate a little in Swedish and/or English. We focus on building your vocabulary, speaking, listening and writing skills in Swedish.
- Level A2: for asylum-seekers and refugees who can basic Swedish. We focus on improving your grammar, writing, speaking and listening skills in Swedish.
- Level B1: for our previous participants who are doing other courses such as “sfi” course D or other. Volunteers focus on reading comprehension exercises to expand your vocabulary. They focus also on your speaking skills or help you to improve your writing skills.
If you have any questions please send an e-mail or SMS to:
Ivette Arroyo, project leader,
S:t Thomas Samarit-Flyktingar Lund
tel: 073-992 76 78